Thursday, December 1, 2011

A New Month, a New Season, a New Start

So, today is the first of December, a brand new month, a time of change and a time for brand new ideas. Today Winter seems to have finally approached and approached with a vengeance. The winds howled today, pretty much constantly and we had gusts ranging from 70's MPH to 100's MPH. They caused much destruction. Just on my way to work, I had to dodge toppled garbage cans, and dust storms, saw mailboxes ribbed off their polls, carports upside down and rocking and a huge Blue Spruce laying on top of a house. I can honestly say I have never seen such destructive winds quite this bad in my whole life! The whole day was filled with nervous energy, tension and the flickering of lights ready to go out. I honestly don't know why semi's weren't grounded and roads and businesses weren't closed. If I had my own business, I would not endanger my employees by making them travel to work.

This weather made me think of what Winter must have been like for the Native Americans and Pioneers. Where instead of numerous houses and business poised to block the wind, they had camps and solitary farmhouse in an open field without insulation and modern conveniences. How frightening would that be? To feel the wind travel through every nook and cranny of your house, to hear the endlessly howl and to have to huddle in the bleak darkness, wrapped in blankets around a small fire. It is no wonder stories and mythologies where created It is no wonder why Winter was a feared time of destruction and uncertainty, and it is no wonder why so many societies come together to celebrate lights and life among so much darkness and death. We all come together to bring forth the light and hope from deep within our minds and bosoms to ignite and call forth the flame of the Sun, or Son. To stand against the shadows and banish our own darkness and reclaim our own light.

It is on this day of such strange weather, such extremes and such powerful, pent up energy that I have decided to start this blog so I may have a forum to express myself, improve my literary skills, to share my thoughts, research, ideas, crafts, recipes and the insight I have gathered during my thirteen years as an eclectic, instinctual Pagan and Witch.


Please stayed tuned and Blessed be!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment